If you have a desktop computer, a laptop, or a mobile device (either Android or iOS), it is likely that you are already equipped to take full advantage of Zoom's features. It is possible to join a Zoom meeting with nothing more than a landline phone. For the best meeting experience, we recommend the following hardware equipment:
- An Internet connection is needed. If possible use a wired internet connection as it will provide a more stable, consistent connection.
- A web camera: Many laptops and mobile devices come with a built-in camera. For desktop setups, you may need to purchase a webcam in order to fully participate in the meeting experience. Without a webcam, you are not able to transmit video.
- A headset with a microphone: A headset with a microphone allows you to hear and be heard more clearly.
You are strongly encouraged to download the Zoom Desktop Client. Doing so gives you access to many features, as well as the following browsers:
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Linux: Firefox, Chrome
If you do not download the Zoom Desktop Client, you will be able to access most (but not all) of Zoom's features - only on Chrome.
Watch a 3-minute video about the Zoom Desktop Client