The goal of the Center for Academic Success is to maximize Lawrence students’ academic success. In all of its activities, the Center takes a holistic approach to assisting students, recognizing that academic abilities, success skills, and personal concerns are often connected. Services provided by the Center include:
- Accessibility Services: Coordinating academic accommodations for students with disabilities
- Academic Counseling and Academic Skills: Improving college success skills, including motivation, goal-setting, time management, study skills, and metacognitive abilities
- Tutoring: Assisting students in developing writing, speaking, and quantitative abilities, and arranging content tutoring for particular subjects or courses
- English as a Second Language: Developing skills in academic English for speakers of English as a second language
- Academic Procedures: Providing information about academic progress, preparing academic petitions, discussing academic policy options, arranging for an incomplete, taking a leave of absence, returning from a leave, or withdrawing from Lawrence
- Courses & Workshops: Offering courses and workshops that address and promote academic success
All students are encouraged to take advantage of the Center's resources and expertise to maximize their potential and success at Lawrence.