Lawrence University faculty, staff, students, and guests may access the Internet with their personal devices using the LUGuest Wi-Fi network. Access to LUGuest is subject to the Responsible Use of Information Technologies at Lawrence University policy. The University reserves the right to revoke guest access without notice.
Note: Faculty/Staff members wishing to use their personal computers may register their computer on the LUfacstaffpersonal wireless network. Click here for registration and connection instructions.
Guests of the University are permitted to use the "LUguest" wireless network for access to the Internet from their personal devices while they are visiting campus. Guest access to campus network services is via wireless only, and is limited to those services that are publicly available. Guests will need to provide a phone number that can receive SMS text messages for a one-time passcode. The passcode is valid for 3 days.
If you need access for a group of people for a longer period of than 3 days, please contact the Helpdesk at 920-832-6570 or send an email to email@example.com.
Guest Wireless Connection Instructions:
- On your device, connect to the network named LUGuest from the list of available networks.
- Open a new web page and your device will be redirected to the captive portal page.
- If you need a new passcode, click the Register Now button. Enter your name and mobile number.
- Click the check box to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Register button.
- You will receive a text message with your username and passcode. (You may want to copy the passcode from the text message and paste it into the Login page.)
- Click Login Now, if not automatically returned to the Login page.
- Login with your full phone number, (digits only - no spaces or dashes), including the country code and passcode. Example: 15555551234 (the country code for US is "1").
Tips for Guest Presenters:
Guests bringing personal computers/mobile devices will ONLY be able to use the Lawrence network services (access to the Internet) via the LUGuest wireless network. Technology Services does NOT permit personal devices to connect to the Lawrence network via a "wired" connection. Guests wishing to connect computing devices to a projector for the purpose of a presentation may do so. We request that they provide their own video adaptor for VGA connection to the projector.