Dean of Students Chris Clarke

Questions or concerns in the following areas should be directed to Dean of Students Chris Clarke:

  •     Campus life policies and procedures
  •     Exemptions to residency and board requirements
  •     Special housing needs due to medical, psychological or disability situations
  •     Questions about services in non-academic areas of student life
  •     Campus emergencies and student well-being
  •     Involvement with Appleton emergency personnel

Report A Concern

Use this form to report a general concern about a Lawrence University student. Information will be shared with the appropriate office or staff member(s) for evaluation and follow-up.

For immediate or urgent assistance, please contact Campus Safety staff who are available 24/7 at 920-832-6999.

COVID-19 Behavior Concern

When a member of our campus community witnesses a student member of our community not adhering to COVID-19 guidelines and the Lawrence Community Pledge, the community member should ask the student to adhere to the guidelines and report the behavior concern to the Dean of Students Office via this form.

COVID-19 Behavior Concern

Other Concerns

Report Bias Incidents: If you are aware of a bias incident involving or impacting someone from the Lawrence campus, please go to the Bias Incident Report page.

Title IX or Sexual Misconduct: If you believe a Title IX violation has occurred, including sexual misconduct, please check out the information and resources on the Title IX page and the Report Sexual Misconduct page

Student and/or Community Behavior Concern: If you believe a student is acting in violation of any part of the social code (within the Student Handbook) or that a student situation is evolving that may cause concern or harm to themselves or others, you may call Campus Safety 24/7 at 920-832-6999 to report the incident or behavior. From there, it may be directly addressed, typically in partnership with on-call Student Life staff. If there is an emergency or crisis situation, please call 911 immediately and THEN call Campus Safety at 920-832-6999 to inform them of the situation.

Judicial Board (Student Social Code of Conduct): If you believe a current student's behavior is in violation of the social code (within the Student Handbook) and that it should be addressed/addressed further, any faculty, staff, or student can bring the complaint to Judicial Board. You may start the process by picking up paperwork through the Dean of Students Office in Raymond House or contacting indicating you would like to file a Judicial Board complaint.

Honor Council (Student Academic Code of Conduct) : If you believe a current student has acted against the academic Honor Code system, please reach out to indicating you would like to file an Honor Council complaint.

All Other Grievances: Should you have a grievance that does not fall under any of these areas or are unsure who to contact, please follow the instructions for sharing grievances in the Lawrence Course Catalog under "Petitions and Grievances".

Emergency Assistance

Funds may be available for students in need of emergency financial assistance. Find out more here.