Grade Reports

Students may view their course grades through the Voyager Information System. Grades for the term just ended will become visible after the grade posting and academic standing review process is completed. Lawrence students are responsible for communicating their academic progress to others (parents, scholarship foundations, insurance companies, etc.) as needed. Grades will not be given to students over the phone.

A grade of "NR" indicates a valid grade was not reported for the student. Grades of "NR" will lapse to "F" shortly after the end of the term unless a valid grade is reported by the instructor. Students receiving "NR" grades should contact the instructor of the course for clarification.

Academic Records

ALL students should review their academic records before registering for courses and at the end of the class change period each term (see Important Term Dates and Deadlines). It is the student's responsibility to maintain an accurate registration record. Failure to do so can result in:

  • receiving no credit for a completed course
  • receiving a failing grade in a course never attended
  • failing to be certified as a full-time student for insurance, financial aid, immigration, or other purposes
  • ​being assessed a late registration fee

See Registration Hints for Students for suggestions on how to avoid the most common problems. After the class change period for the term concludes, students must petition the Faculty Subcommittee on Administration to correct registration errors for the current term (see Petitions for Exceptions to Academic Regulations). Students who are allowed to add or cancel classes after the deadline will be assessed a late registration fee: $25 per addition or cancellation approved from the sixth day of the term through the class withdrawal deadline (the second Friday after midterm reading period), up to a maximum of $200; $50 per addition or cancellation approved after the class withdrawal deadline for the term, no maximum.

Unofficial Transcripts

Students can view their academic history (unofficial transcript) and degree summary at any time by using the Voyager Information System (secure login required). Academic records are also made available to faculty advisors and other administrative personnel. Unofficial transcripts will not be sent to third parties, but students are able to print and provide their academic history pages to others as needed.

In general, other colleges, scholarship foundations, prospective employers, insurance companies, and others generally do not accept unofficial documents or official transcripts issued to the student as valid (see Ordering a Transcript). Release of academic information to others generally requires a written, signed request from the student (see Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (pdf)).

Other Academic Records

Students wishing to exercise their right to inspect other academic records should call the Registrar's Office to make an appointment. A charge of $.25 per page will be assessed for copies of all or part of the record. Official transcripts of work completed at other institutions and official test score reports must be obtained directly from the issuing authority.