About Your Student ID
Your student ID, issued when you arrive on campus, serves as a library card, a debit card for campus funds, a means of access into academic and residential buildings, and a meal pass. Here are some specifics:
- PICK IT UP HERE: New students who submitted their own photos prior to the deadline will be provided with their ID card, along with room keys, when they check into their residence hall. (We highly recommend that you submit your own photo!) New students who do not submit a photo should visit the ID Office to have a photo taken and ID printed. The ID Office, on the main level of the Warch Campus Center, is behind the Information Desk.
- LOST CARD? Your first ID card is free. If you lose your ID, a replacement card will be issued for a fee.
- TEMPORARY PASS: If you lose your card but think you might find it given some time, you can visit the ID Office for a temporary pass. There's no charge (unless you lose it), but the pass will expire in a few days.
- DOOR ACCESS: Your card will give you access to residence halls, the campus center during the school year, and academic buildings based on your class schedule and/or professors' permission.
- LIBRARY CARD: Present your ID card at the library circulation desk to check out books, video games, DVDs, and more.
- MEAL PASS: At Andrew Commons (level 1, Warch Campus Center), present your ID card to be swiped at meal time.
- PACKAGE PICKUP: Present your ID at the mail room (level 2, campus center) when picking up packages.
- DISCOUNTS: Show your ID at the box office (Music and Drama Center) to receive a discount on tickets.
- DEBIT CARD: Use your ID card when making purchases using Culinary Cash, a fund associated with your meal plan, and Viking Gold, dollars that you add to your student account. Viking Gold can be used at dining facilities, the mail room, the logo store, the campus convenience store, at some vending machines, laundry machines, and at some photocopy machines.
- VIKING GOLD: Viking Gold is a declining balance fund available to anyone with a Lawrence ID. You can add money to your Viking Gold account in multiple ways:
- Online through Voyager (students only): Select the option to have funds appear as a charge on your student account, or charge your credit/debit card. Funds become available on your ID card immediately. There is no fee to use any of these options.
- Online (parents): Click here to make a "guest deposit" using your credit/debit card. Funds become available on your student's ID card immediately. There is no fee to use this service.
- ID office in the Campus Center: Cash or check
- Cashier window/Brokaw Central in Brokaw Hall: Cash or check.
Viking Gold is good for the entire time you’re at Lawrence University. By adding funds to a Viking Gold debit account, you can make purchases at various venues in the Warch Campus Center, and the cost of your meal is reduced at Andrew Commons. The funds can also be used for laundry and at vending machines on campus. Students can check their balance on Voyager; log on and go to Student Services > Meal Plan Selection or Student Services > Add Viking Gold With a Credit Card.
QUESTIONS? Call the ID office at 920.832.6654.