Kitchen and gathering rooms
I-House has a great kitchen as well as dining room for everybody to enjoy! For Fall 2020, the kitchen will be closed due to COVID-19. The kitchen has almost every utensil you might need, as well as a nice stove for you to cook and bake everything you want. There’s mainly one very important rule when using I-House’s kitchen: to properly clean everything you use and put it back where it belongs. Cleaning the used dishes helps us to maintain a clean and safe environment for everybody.
International House also offers great places for people to gather and have a good time. This space can be used to hold weekly meetings, casual reunions, or even some studying. I-House offers a comfortable place for everybody to enjoy. There’s also a TV in the main living room that can be used to watch some educational or fun stuff!
The first floor of International House can be reserved through the Lawrence University reservation system.
Guidelines for the usage of the kitchen
• Be respectful of everything you use, other people want to have the same opportunity to use the kitchen.
• Wash, dry, and put away anything you use! Please wash things properly so that they stay in good shape.
• Any food and beverages stored in the fridge should have one of our two labels to let others know if they can grab it. Be clear if you’re sharing or not. Any food without a “Food to keep for myself” label is assumed to be for sharing. Also, if the food stays in the fridge for more than a week, and a special note was not made, then it’ll be thrown away.
• Please treat the microwave, stove, and oven with respect. Clean each of them after you’re done using it so it can be ready for others to use.
• Remember to leave the kitchen the same way or better than how you found it!
Guidelines for the gathering rooms
• Food is allowed in the living room, but everything should be cleaned after using it!
• If there’s a food spill in a couch you should clean as much as you can and make a note of it to any ISS staff.
• Remember to be mindful of other people who are also sharing the same space.
• It’s preferable that if your gathering involves food you go to the dining table, although the whole area is available.
• Remember to leave the area you were using the same way or better than how you found it!
Front Sitting Room:
Main Living Room: