Spring Term Residential Expectations
as of 4/13/22
- Residential facilities remain closed to off-campus visitors and guests
- Posted capacities in residence hall common areas must be adhered to.
- Residence Hall kitchens will be available for individual use. No eating allowed in the kitchens.
- In-person dining will be open in the Warch Campus Center. Residence hall kitchens and common areas remain closed for in-person dining.
- Student rooms may only have three guests (on-campus Lawrence students only) in the room at a time. Capacity is limited at all times to room occupancy +3.
- Masks are required in all indoor public areas on campus including all areas of residence halls and houses (hallways, lounges, laundry rooms, and bathrooms when not showering or brushing teeth).
- High-quality masks such as N95, KN95, and KF94 provide much greater protection against variants like Omicron. Cloth masks alone are not considered effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and are no longer recommended unless worn in tandem with a disposable surgical-style mask under the cloth mask. By layering masks it increases effectiveness and limits the spread.
Included on the following pages is information about living on campus at Lawrence University. Because we are a residential campus, we feel that the experience that you receive in our residence spaces must be meaningful, engaging, and unique. That is why we offer a wide variety of living options and an excellent staff to carry out our program.
At Lawrence, we believe that residential living is the first step in making a life transition. We recognize the importance of allowing our students to be an active participant in their community and because of that, we offer them a variety of opportunities to make decisions regarding their living environment. Each living environment reflects the interests of the students who live there. We encourage students to become a member of a close-knit community and most importantly, to be challenged to experience and learn from others who are different from themselves.
This website is being developed to provide you with an understanding of living at Lawrence. We hope that you find this information helpful and we encourage you to contact our staff for assistance or to answer any questions you may have regarding housing at Lawrence University.
We are pleased to offer our student Housing Portal to all Lawrentians as a centralized location for all things related to housing assignments at Lawrence. Follow the link to the Housing Portal to view your room assignment and roommate information, check your inbox for messages from Residential Education and Housing, and manage your room selection during Housing Selection each Spring Term.