COVID-19 Emergency Documents from the Instruction Committee
- Guidelines for Distance Instruction for Spring Term 2020
- Guidance for First Week of Spring Term 2020
- Definitions of Instructional Modalities and Classroom Allocation Guidelines for Fall Term 2020
- Policies on Enrollment Limits and Wait-Lists for Fall Term 2020
- Policy on Students Taking In-Person and Hybrid Courses Remotely in Fall Term 2020
- Instructional Guidance for Teaching in Fall Term 2020 (pdf) and (powerpoint)
- Guidance for Instructors for the First Week of Fall Term 2020
- Further Recommendations and Clarifications on Course Modalities for Winter and Spring 2020
- Further Instructional Guidance for Winter and Spring Terms (Cameras and Workload)
- New Daily Schedule for 2021-2022
Peter Blitstein (Associate Dean of the Faculty, chair), Jeff Stannard (Associate Dean of the Conservatory), Danielle Joyner (Fine Arts), Vanessa Plumly (Humanities), Jodi Sedlock (Natural Sciences), Bill Hixon (Social Sciences), Monita Mohammadian Gray (Dean of Academic Success), Angi Long (Registrar).
The Instruction Committee serves as the primary agent of the Faculty in implementing the curriculum and academic standards. The committee reviews course proposals, GER requests, and requests for non-standard course times; applications for student-designed majors and academic internships (where they are not offered by departments as 395/595/695 courses); and proposed changes to academic procedures and regulations. A subcommittee on administration reviews academic petitions, academic progress, and applications for readmission to Lawrence.
Meeting Schedule (Fall 2021)
The Committee meets on Thursdays, 10:00-11:00 am.
Please submit items to the chair one week in advance of the meeting.
Course proposal and GER request forms are available under "Forms" in the faculty navigation menu.