LOCAL TRAVEL is travel within 30 miles of campus.

For group travel, the faculty/staff trip leader or sponsor should arrange for transportation using a Lawrence fleet vehicle, which includes a gas card and university insurance. Carpooling in personal vehicles is acceptable if there are no more than three vehicles, every vehicle is driven by an authorized driver, and every vehicle has personal insurance that meets the standards of the vehicle use policy. When personal vehicles are used, group members are responsible for gas and parking expenses.

Vehicle Use Policy, Authorized Driver Application, & Vehicle Reservation

Personal Vehicle Form - required for student vehicle use


Individual students are not permitted to use fleet vehicles for local travel. Students without personal vehicles may wish to consider Valley Transit bus service or a ride-share app.

Valley Transit Bus Service