Students who are registering to take a German course should take our on-line placement assessment, administered through TrueNorth. The exam will take about 20 minutes and will recommend the level of course for which you should register.
Follow the instructions below to take the online assessment.
1. Go to the German Assessment
2. You'll be prompted to create an account on the TrueNorth web site
3. Enter your first and last name
4. Enter your Lawrence email address
5. For ID, type in "new student" (without quotes)
6. Create a password for yourself (do NOT use your Lawrence password)
Once you have received your score or if you have questions, contact the chair of German Studies, Alison Guenther-Pal (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have previously created an account and are returning to the site, click the "I already have an account" link at the bottom to log in.