Applying for a Passport
A passport is an internationally recognized, legal travel document that verifies the identity of the holder and allows the individual to cross international borders. Passports issued to United States citizens over the age of sixteen are typically valid for ten years.
If you don’t already have a passport, apply for one now. Depending on your country of study, you may also need to apply for a visa, in which case, you will need your passport soon after you are accepted to the program.
How to apply:
- For first time passport applications, you must apply in-person. You will need to have the hard copy of your application, appropriate documents to prove US citizenship and proof of identity, a passport-sized photo and the passport fee.
- You can apply in person at the Appleton Post Office on Franklin Street.
- You can get passport photos from photo centers near campus such as Walgreens.
- The passport fee is currently $110.00.
- Processing for passports can currently take up to eighteen weeks.
- For more information about applying, as well as PDFs of the passport application, please visit travel.state.gov.